Rumors that trade shows have become less valuable due to improvements in electronic communication and digital presence are highly overrated. Trade shows remain relevant for marketing and communications, client outreach and lead generation. The value of attending trade shows endures even in the face of electronic disruption.
At All Pro Displays & Graphics, we’ve gathered some compelling statistics from the Center for Exhibition Industry Research that demonstrate why attending trade shows should remain a core component of any marketing strategy.
Clients, Prospects and Leads
- 50%: The percentage of attendees who are first timers attending trade shows. These people represent new contacts and new leads.
- 90%: The percentage of attendees at trade shows who only meet with other participating companies at the show. This means few companies are building new B2B relationships outside of the trade show environment.
- 3 Hours: The number of hours attendees spend viewing exhibits, so there is plenty of time for those face-to-face discussions.
Return on Investment
- $117: The added cost of a face-to-face meeting with a prospective client relative to the cost of that same meeting at a trade show.
- 99%: The percentage of marketers who feel trade shows are a valuable component of their marketing strategy.
- 400+ miles: The distance nearly 70% of attendees travel to attend a trade show. These attendees represent opportunities to expand sales territory and gain widespread exposure.
Meeting the Right People
- 81%: The percentage of attendees who have buying authority. This means that four out of every five people you meet at a trade show are customers who can make purchasing decisions.
- 46%: The percentage of attendees who hold an executive or upper management title. These are decision makers who can influence purchasing decisions.
- 84%: The percentage of marketers who say they connect with “high-quality attendees” at trade shows.
Want to make sure you get the most out of your next trade show? The team at All Pro Displays & Graphics has everything you need to succeed, from custom graphics to popup displays, lighting and more. Give us a call at our toll-free number or contact us online today to get started!